During the last time I touched this blog, the interface was 2011, and the world was a much better place. Well, it's not exactly comparing oranges and apples. Let me try.
It was January 2011, and I set some goals and objectives for 2011. It went by like smoke in a cigarette, and it has been great. This was from the previous post, and I shall comment based on what I remember.
Vietnam. : Flew to Hanoi for Minh's wedding, and had a great jolly time diarrhea-ing 3 days in the hotel due to my greedy and (at that time ) fearless stomach of mine. Vietnam is exotic, and I really want to go back again. Anyway I was zipping around Hanoi in a motorcycle with Nhat. He's kind enough to borrow a motorbike for me! Cool stuff. We owned the city. Well, that's the feeling you get when you ride a motorbike. I remembered that it was a good break last year. That was my big trip in 2011 i think. :)
Hoovit. :This has been put on hold since last year. Well, it seems that there's no motivation to do this.
Biospry.
Voxigen. : I've serviced them for 3 months, at the same time, and it's been a great experience running around talking to investors, preparing business plans. The founders of Biospry are still in the process of developing their medical products out, and founder of Voxigen has moved on to develop a system to quicken the checkout process in supermarkets.
Baptism.: I've been pushed into the water in April 2011, and not regretted it any bit. It's the best move I've made in my life, and it's changed in my life. Believe it or not, it's actually a much needed drench.
HDB.: From last year, we've played with yishun, where we entered our name for fun, and then Tiong Bahru, where we got nothing, and finally, we got Hougang. We're going to sign the document next Saturday. God has been great to us.
Dual Output Desktop. : Lots of problems here. Mcbk air cant really support dual output desktop, and i'm not ready to pump 400$ into a maxtron dual output processor. Want to get a 27" imac, but well. Just dont feel like spending this kind of money. We'll see. When the time is right, God always provides.
10kg. : well, instead of losing it, I think I've gained 10. After Kinabalu, I vowed to the deepest valleys and longkang of my heart that I'll do an intensive training starting now. Nike is right : Yesterday, you said today.
42km.: After doing the Standchart 42, you'll feel like you can conquer the world. It's a great feeling, and I would not have done it without Ding. She's really good.
SGD 75k. : SGD 100k. ( punches the air )
So there we have it. Between Jan 2011, till May 2012, of course there were things other than the above mentioned which happened. Like Sherlock BBC said, everything which happened to us, was stored in a memory lane. We dont really forget anything, it's just that we dont concentrate enough to try to remember them. And I'm not going to try here.
Some key events - I booked my girl in Feb 2012, without any props. Just a ring, and some words from the soul. Nhat started working with Hoovix full time starting Jan 2012. He's enjoying his swims and MRT breakdowns in Singapore. We went to climb Mount Kinabalu early May, and we stopped short at Laban Rata. Eugene, Clarice, and AlexSeah made it to the top. We all had a great time even though every step up and down ( for me ) was torturous. I was inspired to learn how to fly a plane, and lose excess weight.
My future father in law was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, and it was disheartening. I thought he would live forever. My dad got into quite a serious hit&run accident, serious but thank God, he wasnt injured. We're changing his car in Dec 2012. I got into my first car accident after 10 years of driving today. I was in shock. No, it's not the fatigue, it's not my dangerous driving, it's not some mechanical problem. It was me, i was kpoing looking at the taxi driver who fell asleep on the wheel. His car was stopped in the middle of the road, and his head was dangling, as if he was dead. I looked for 1 more second, and I knocked the car in front, and the car in front hit the car in front.
I found and an iPhone last month on a cab, and after 24 hours of personal struggle, I decided to return it. But it took me more than a month to do it, because i passed to Ding so that I will not be hesitant at all. There was just no right time to go to the police station, till today. I was convinced that God said : You need an excuse to the police station ? I'll give you one.
Got into some discussions about God with Yman. He's an atheist who's convinced a group of really smart men created religion to rule the world, for better or worse. But he was respectful of the people who believe, and we exchanged some points of views. That guy was kind enough to park his PS3 with me. :D
In April, we went to Ikea 4 times, I think, and spent a few Saturdays because someone somehow took the opportunity to clean Ding's house, and rid it of useless junk dating back to 1990. i had rashes for days, and God had mercy on my nose. BUt it was great bonding with my future brother in laws.
and oh, i'm so proud of my nephew who got Bronze in math olympia. really bright boy.
Through all this, some of us still have failed to learn that life is short. It really is. This 1 year plus has been really challenging, and the next 2 will be even worse.
I'll survive. Till the next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment